Question:

I have a old vw cabriolet i'm thinking of restroting or perhaps just selling it as is.

The car is 1987 VW Cabriolet with 1.8L Engine ( 8V ), has 130,000 miles, top is rip but does not leak much. no leaks, good tranny, needs shocks,new top and carpet kit. what is this guy worth ruffly? how much will it take to get it back to top shape?

any ideas would be great. Thanks

-Lee

Reply to
Lee

I don't know where you live, but I myself live in The Netherlands (next to Germany) so it is quite easy to get spare parts.

A complete engine replacement woulds cost about 400 euro's (would get you a Golf type 2 GTI Engine) a second hand carpet kit (the floor in the car that is) would set you back about 50 euro's The top would cost about 600 euro's (new sonnenland fabric, no PVC) And what the shocks are concered.....I would go for a Supersprint set with adjustable shocks for 500 euro.

Roy

Reply to
-= Roy =-

Don't bother. Apparently you can get at least $70,000 for it on eBay.

-- Mike Smith

Reply to
Mike Smith

A new top for my 93 set me back about $600 last year. That is completely installed with new padding but the same interior liner.

Howard

Reply to
Howard R Garner