Re: 1974 Karmann Ghia Question

Hello. I just recently bought a 74 Karmann Ghia. It has some round

> holes on each side just in front of the rear tires. Some sort of > knockout. I have seen pictures of other Ghia's where this is filled > in, although you can see the marking for the hole. Can someone tell > me what these are for? Any cool ideas on how to fill in? Thanks.

I've seen those but never knew what they were for but I'll guess it's maybe a place to put the jack when jacking the car.

But you'd be better off asking in this forum: rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

...'cause the older aircooled VWs aren't that well know to us in the watercooled forum.

Reply to
Matt B.

Don't really know much about aircooled VWs, but I do know that it's a good sign the holes are still there. Quite a lot of cheap restorations fill the holes with filler, which isn't good.

Reply to
SteveH

On my 71 ghia, the holes are filled in (or it would be more accurate to say the holes were never punched out.) I am not sure why anyone would punch the holes out. There must be a reason though. You are welcome for my super helpful post.

Reply to
Jeff

Reply to
Bob Peters

LOL! DO'H

Reply to
Peter Parker

"grreed" wrote: > On my 71 ghia, the holes are filled in (or it would be more > accurate to > say the holes were never punched out.) I am not sure why > anyone would > punch the holes out. There must be a reason though. You are > welcome > for my super helpful post.

Thanks to both of you for your replies. I found out that these holes are for getting access to something with the suspension. I also found a place on the internet that sales the replacement pieces. They come primered, we will just have to paint to match the car. Thanks again!

Reply to
Kathy