Re: Building a car from scratch using only parts from your local dealers parts department

multiply by ten, maybe more...

SFC

schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@s36g2000vbp.googlegroups.com...

Just as the subject suggests... > > Me and a friend were talking a little while back. We came to the > subject of dealer parts prices. I mentioned, what do you think the > markup would be to buy every single part(down to the individual nuts > and bolts) to build a car from the ground up using only parts > purchased at a dealer. I searched for the better part of 20 minutes > and found no previous attempt or even mention. It would be interesting > to find out. > Thanks > Jerritt
Reply to
SFC

I vote 10 times or more also, plus you have to put it together! It has been talked about many decades ago. ;-)

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

It's hard to say for certain. I'd be willing to say much higher than that. Guess it would depend on the make/year. Someone should sit down and 0go through ETKA and a pricing guide, and come up with at least a rough estimate.

.
Reply to
misterjbeing

NOT ME! I WILL NOT bug my VW parts person! lol

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1