Re: manifold Q.

What year and engine does this manifold belong to. It came off a Golf. >

> Thanks, > > Steve C

I'm going to guess it's from an 8V A2 with the clip-on single downpipe. Most likely one of the 85HP GX engines with CIS injection (1985-1987). Later RV engines (Digifant injection, late 1987 and up) may or may not have had this manifold (for example, my '91 GTI (California specification) had a single outlet manifold but it was a bolt-on style for the downpipe connection but I'm not sure if all RV engine codes had the bolt-on connection like mine did).

Reply to
Matt B.

It has a hole for a lambda sensor, so its probably not a K-Jet or other open loop system....

Dan

Reply to
Dan

The shape of the main part actually looks remarkably similar to a 1.8T, but looking in my Bentley manual it wouldn't have the bottom downpipe part... was there a mk3 1.8 that might be similar? Link to the pic (shouldn't really post binaries here):

James