Removing 92 Golf Door Panels

There are two beefy screws for each door pull handle. You have to pop off the plastic trim piece that runs the length of the door pull handle and you will find the screws underneath. You also need to remove the trim piece around the lever you use to open the door. You slide it backwards or towards the front, don't remember which, and it comes loose.

You do not need to p>

Reply to
Randolph

Ive undone the screws around the edges and popped the clips across the bottom but the panel wint budge. What have I forgot to undo? Are there clips or screws behind the door pull handle? How do you access these? Thanx

Reply to
Smitty

pop out the center of the pull handle then take out 2 big screws on both ends unscrew the lock tab on top slide off the trim around the door handle that opens the door (slide it from side to side or you'll break it) push up on the panel, it hooks over the top of the metal where the window starts

Reply to
Marshall Chase

Also if its a manual wind window you need to take the handle off, you need to get a screw driver between the washer and push it in the opposite direction the handle is pointing.

I've fitted speakers in both the rear doors and broken a couple of the clips. Bloody annoying, how do you get that tool they use onto all the clips without damaging the paint work round the edge?????

I'm going to try and fit an alarm to my golf 96 now any tips ???

Reply to
Joe

Thanx for the help. Better to question that bust parts:-)

Reply to
Smitty

THERE ARE TWO SCREWS IN THE HANDLE AND A CLIP ONE THE HAND LATCH

Reply to
SDiablo2506