sailboat little on

recently the light that looks like a sailboat has been on. my friend says maybe i need to change my thermostat. before the light started flashing i noticed the temperature gauge didn't really work. it always read, well nothing, it didn't move. before (long time ago) the hand would be around the middle but now it just stays at the bottom left, so maybe my thermostat does need replacing? if anyone could help me out here it would be very nice :)

i can provide more info if needed.

Reply to
wolfy

You won a free sailing vacation to the Caribbean Islands!

Reply to
Lost In Space/Woodchuck

Sounds like the overheating light. Stop driving when that light comes on, or you will cause engine damage (warped cylinder head, cracked block = $$$).

Check the coolant ("antifreeze") level. If the level is ok, take it to a shop and have them check it out. It'll be cheaper than roasting your engine.

If you do need to add coolant, don't do it while the engine is overheated.

Reply to
tylernt

Are you sure that's not the oil temp light? Check the owners manual and make sure you're talking about the correct indicator lights.

Reply to
wkearney99