Setting memory code for new key

(I know this is in the manual, but I've lost my manual section with the directions--thanks in advance for your patience, and _not_ pointing that back out to me.)

We had a key for a 2001 Passat go through the wash, and had to have it replaced at the dealer. That worked fine--the new key starts the car, and locks/unlocks it remotely--but we've got the power seats with the memory system, and they did _not_ re-associate the new key with one of the three memory positions on the seat base.

As I recall, there was some kind of dance we did when we first got the car, to associate specific keys with specific memory "slots"--locking the doors, then unlocking the doors, then holding something down for

10 secs, etc. Does anyone recall this process, or could you just be kind enough to look it up for me (as I've had no luck finding online copies of the manual, and my dealership's had me waiting for _weeks_ to get a replacement copy).

Again, thanks so much.

Reply to
LairBob