Smooth engine bays... please help me.

I am searching for info/websites on how people have been getting the engine bays all smoothed out. While my mechanical skills are great, my paint/body work skills are about as good as the movie Howard The Duck.

Help me get my engine bay looking great.

Thank you.

Reply to
Pencilneck

Have you looked at VW Golf magazine??? Those europeans are crazy about smoothing out engine bays... are you european :-)

But really, there is a car in there this month from the US with a bay like that... They don't tell you explicity how to do it, but I'm sure if you look around enough, you'll pick up bits and pieces here and there. Also check out Performance VW magazine.

-
Reply to
93 Fox

ask on

there's a few people on there that havedone it!

Reply to
alan.f

Pardon my ignorance, but what is a "smooth" engine bay ?

- FM -

Reply to
Fred Mau

Pretty much how it sounds.... The sheetmetal is smooth and painted.

?I1A821746
People also use the term "shaved", much like shaved door handles.

The seams have been removed. From what I can tell, one grinds out the seam, then weld in a bead where the grinding has been done, then grind the weld smooth.

I'm wanting people to drool over the engine bay when I lift the hood. I think I've high power output covered, so I'm working on the eye candy.

Reply to
Pencilneck