Starter bushing replacement

What am I in for here? Haven't pulled the starter yet to see if the bushing will come out easily. Do I have any hope or is the VW puller usually needed to get it out? Any other tricks? Thanks

Reply to
MichaelOme

Some have them and some don't. Maybe you will need to replace and maybe not? That's the best I can due with your limited information...

Reply to
Woodchuck

Sorry about the limited info. It is an 86 Jetta - Got it out by threading it with a 12mm tap, screwed in a bolt and pried on the bolt head. It popped right out. Thanks

Reply to
MichaelOme

and if you kept turning the tap in, the starter bushing would come right out without needing the bolt. :-)

dave