Starting Problem

Occasionally car would not startup in morning. It would not start right up and have to give many tries. I noticed it happens on rainy days or if I do not use the car for 2 days or so. Please advise(99 VW Jetta)

Reply to
Rollers Loft+

Ignition coil.

Reply to
Woodchuck

Does the car then run rough for a while after then starting? I would look for arcing coil pack and/or spark plug wires. A foggy night would show that, or a spray mister could help troubleshoot. The moisture would make the leakage worse.

Reply to
Tom's VR6

As the others have said. Typical ignition system problem wires and coil would be my first guess.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

If it's a VR6, and you see the coil pack is cracked, you might be able to fix it. Dry thoroughly first.

Mark '95 Jetta

Reply to
Mark Randol

Once the car startup it runs great no problem. It would not happen every day, once a week I face this problem

I think some how moisture is causing the problem because it happens on rainy days or if I do not use car for 2 days or so. Thanks all

Reply to
Rollers Loft+