substitute tire size

I have a 1996 vw Passat GLX with 215/50 15 sizes tires. Does anyone know what the substitute size tire is for 215/50 15?

Thanks

Robert

Reply to
RobertD32

What's wrong with just using 215/50s again? are you buying larger diameter rims or something?

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Don't know if they also did it on the Passat, but on my '95 Jetta there are two tire sizes listed on the placard that shows the recommended air pressures.

The 195 option on the Jetta throws off the speedometer some, softens the handling and ride a little, and is a little more prone to 'wiggle' since there's more sidewall. The 185's are closer on the speedo, and the handling is slightly better. Other than the obvious tread width difference, the main differences are in the tire cost (usually smaller is a little cheaper) and inflation pressure (the larger is lower in this case).

I'll echo the question - Why do you ask?

Mark '95 Jetta GLS

Reply to
Mark Randol