TDI in California?

I vaguely remember that there were a few months or maybe a year or two where they were allowing them to be sold in California, but the local dealership is either brain-dead or playing dumb.

I'd like to get a Jetta TDI if I could, but I need to know what years to search for. I just paid $2.59 a gallon for gas and it's getting old fast.

Reply to
Joseph Oberlander

Through 2003, TDI engine cars had 50 state emissions compliance and were sold in California in limited numbers (though VW kept to its limit in 2000 and 2001 by not selling any for a period of time during those years). 2004 TDI engine cars do not have California emissions compliance; see

for information about bringing one to California(generally, a non-California emissions compliant car needs to used withat least 7500 miles on the odometer to be registerable in California).

Reply to
Timothy J. Lee

Nor do 2005 models as well.

Reply to