Tow Hitches for a 1988 Golf

Anyone know of which hitches will fit? I found one through Draw-Tite which is a permanant mount. I am hoping to find one that is a mini version of a receiver hitch. I am not looking to exceed the towing limits of the car just don't want a hitch plate sticking out from the bumper all the time.

For those that are wondering, I just want to haul camping supplies, fishin' poles, and other stuff that shouldn't exceed 400 pounds including the trailer. I know I could just put it all in the car but where would the dog sit?

Reply to
me

BTW me is Ben, I live in Vancouver Washington. My usual email addy is s l o w v w @ g m a i l . c o m without all the spaces. Just though I would try to be a little more personable here as I was being lazy when I typed "me" into the name on this newsreader.

Reply to
me

Changed from name :)

Reply to
Ben, '88 Golf

U-Haul will sell you a hitch (installed) for about $130, its what they call a "sport" type which means the ball and tongue are removable from the receiver (they'll also try to sell you wiring and a transmission cooler, neither of which are probably a good idea) Weight limit is 1000 pounds.

Reply to
not