Turbo Diesel in 83 Rabbit

Hi

Someone has offerd me a 1983 Rabbit with a turbo diesel motor. Is this the same motor as in the 85-92 Jettas. Is this a good motor, how many hp does it have?

stan

Reply to
Stanley Baer

I think (not 100% sure) that in the A2 cars it was 68hp. In the A1 it probably was similar (exhaust system is different on A1s and would have a small effect (not much though) on the HP).

-Matt

Reply to
Matt B.

"Matt B." schrieb:

At least over here in europe both A1 and A2 were rated at 70PS/51kW which pretty much equals 68hp.

Me thinks the exhaust issue is more or less realted to the gas engines used, as bot the A1 and A2 Diesels have the exhaust side facing back and two mufflers in the system.

Ingo

Reply to
Ingo Braune