Tyres for a Golf GTI

Hi,

I currently use Pirelli P6000's on my Golf GTI but am finding them a bit soft.

I need to replace the front two tyres.

Anyone recommend a good tyre which performs well in the wet and would ensure good handling.

Regards

Steve Bristol, UK

Reply to
Steve

It's such a personal preference depending on how you drive and what's important to you: grip, all-weather, longevity, ride, noise, price, warranty, etc. But here's a few good places to start.

Auto Express' 2005 tyre test results: ftp://ftp.dennisnet.co.uk/pub/autoexpress/tyretest2005.pdf (WARNING!: File is 10 MB)

Stateside, Car&Driver reviewed: BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KD Bridgestone Potenza RE050A Continental ContiSportContact 2 Dunlop SP Sport Maxx Goodyear Eagle F1 Hankook Ventus R-S2 Z212 Kumho Ecsta MX Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 Pirelli P Zero Rosso Asimmetrico Toyo Proxes T1R Yokohama Advan Neova AD07

Perhaps a little "extreme" compared to P6000's but a good read. Remember that just because a tyre from one manufacturer is good/bad doesn't reflect anything on the rest of their range (in general).

Reply to
John

I have a 2002 Jetta in the states. I use the Goodyear Eagles. I love their handling but they must also be properly aired up. I take tight curves at 40-45mph on the off/on ramps to the highway or road.

Reply to
jettaboistl