Vanagon Intercooler???

I've got an '82 Westy with an '84 1.6L turbo diesel engine I'd like to get a little more power out of with an intercooler.

Has anyone installed an intercooler in one of these or know where and what size might fit?

thanks, Mike

Reply to
Mike

With just the intercooler you are not there, you need to adjust te boost as well and the pump delivery. But some wacky Germans got 100kW (=136 hp) out of a 1.6 liter td engine running on vegetable oil...

Remco

Reply to
Remco Meeder

gotta love them german thought processes

hmmm. adjust the boost you say? down since the charge is denser? would the pump delivery be adjusted via the pump timing or are we talking volume too? i'm thinking more fuel? man! if i could get 136hp in my 6000 lb. loaded westfalia.....what a dream but then i'll need a better handling suspension setup yesss, i'm doin' it now, where the hell is that thing gonna fit? bigger IS better right?

hey thanks for the > > I've got an '82 Westy with an '84 1.6L turbo diesel engine I'd like to get a

Reply to
Mike

The boost adjustment is to account for the fact that you put a intercooler in there, it restricts the flow a little and you get an increased volume in all the air tubes which causes a pressure drop, the adjustment is for that purpose.

Remco

Reply to
Remco Meeder