volkswagon polo 1998 deisel 2000

My car 'conked out' on the way home - I was towed home. 2 auto-electic people have said the key is not sending the code to the immobiliser and the fuel is not allowed to flow. I have replaced the ignition coil yet it still does not work. turn key in ignition and starter motor turns yet then stops - no fuel!?' I am told I need a pin number/pin code to access and reset. I have tried the main dealers to obtain this code who only suggest car to be transported to them, by them, and fixed. I cannot afford this - its been 3 weeks now. Any suggestions? (in the nicest possible way!!

Reply to
trevor131146

none2u

Also try your other keys! Couldn't hurt and I think I have heard that this may work if your current key is malfunctioning with the immobilizer!

I will ASSuME that you have fuel in the tank. ;-)

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

Are you sure the problem lies in the immobilizer?

Try adjusting the immobilizer's antenna orientation, or have someone hold the antenna with their bare hand to increase the range (human antenna). Perhaps it's just not picking up the RF signal?

Reply to
Jem Berkes