Peugeot 406 '96 Immobiliser Locked!

Hi all,

I have a 1996 Peugeot 406 1,9tdi , but unfortunately I got the immobiliser locked because of 3 times wrong code. After that I waited 30 minutes for the beep to stop and tried again. It won't take the code. In the manual it is said that when the green and the red lights light at the same time, the car need to be takes to a service. As I do not have much money for a service, I want to ask how it is possible to unlock the car without going to Peugeot service. The car is currently in front of the service, however I will fix it myself if I can..

Thank you for the responses.

Regards, VB

Reply to
v b via CarKB.com

VB,

I have a P reg 406LX. My immobiliser did the same, the key fob stopped doing its thing and the code i believed to be the right one did not work. As I was away from home I was towed to a Peugeot dealer. They sent the ECU somewhere, gave me a new code, and took 150 quid off me.

Hope that helps...

Ben

Reply to
Ben

Damn, I had forgot the code. The car starts fine now. Sorry for bothering :) )

Reply to
v b via CarKB.com