Warranty concerns

I need to have a towbar fitted to my Touran, which is still in warranty. Is there likely to be a problem with having a non genuine towbar fitted by an independent fitter? I have been told by a VW dealer that this may invalidate my warranty. I do not want to pay the inflated VW price for a towbar but nor do I want to invalidate my warranty.

I would welcome your hearing your thoughts / experiences on this matter.

Cheers, R

Reply to
Rex

What's a Touran look like? This USA tech would like to know.

Reply to
Lost In Space/Woodchuck

Choosing the right towbar for your car is important. A towbar that is of poor quality, or is not intended for a particular car model. can end up damaging and/or weaken the structure of your car or even cause an accident. The same can be said for a towbar that is not installed correctly. Whatever you decide, considerations regarding the warranty should be secondary to safety. Personally, I would have it done at the VW dealership even though the cost may be double. Peace of mind is worth something.

Reply to
Papa

dude, google:

it's a MPV based on the MkV Golf platform.

Reply to
Matt B.

Nice, if you are into mini-vans. Since mini-vans are great for long distance comfort, this would be a great empty nester vacation trips.

Reply to
Peter Parker