Fiat Warranty

Just a quick one! Does anyone know if using a non-Fiat Dealer to service your car will in validate your warranty even though they will be using Genuine Fiat Parts and will stamp the service log regards HD

Reply to
HD

According to EU law it should not. What you have to prove/or Fiat have to prove is that the car car has or has not been maintained according to the manufacturer's recommendations.

To be safe, take a copy of the recommend Service Schedule list in the back of your Warranty/Service book and get the garage to counter sign and stamp all the scheduled service items. To support this get the service invoice made up soemthing like "48,000 Mile Service in accordince with manufacturer's recommend service schedule items"

Reply to
Nick Bailey /////

Thanks for the post Nick just what I wanted to hear! I also sent an e-mail to Fiat UK and the reply was - as long as the car was registered after October 2002 you can use any Garage as long as its VAT registered and they use Genuine Fiat parts it will not invalidate the warranty Its going to save my sister -in -law a small fortune Regards HD

Reply to
HD

Do they have the equipment to reset the service light / indicator / computer as well?

Andy

Reply to
AndrewP

Andy It's my sister-in-law's little Fiat Seicento (03 reg) it doesn't have a computer or any service lights to re-set, if this were the case then I would have to find a garage with the facility or go to Fiat themselves. its her first 12 month service the car has 7K on it and the Fiat dealer she bought it off want £150, the garage I use for my Vectra are only wanting £60 (using all Genuine Fiat parts) All she was wanting was to find a cheaper alternative that would not invalidate her warranty Rgds HD

Reply to
HD

Servicing elsewhere should have little or no effect on her first two years, however it may have an adverse effect on her third year warranty as this is an extended warranty period.

Reply to
Spark

Yes I think I might concur with this. 3rd year warranty is a Manufacturer/Dealer Insurance Warranty and things/claims get alittle more picky as it is an insurance company that is eventually paying the bill. This means that the dealer has to get approval to proceeed on any 'in scope claim'. During years 1 and 2 the dealer in most cases just does the work and submits the bill to Fiat.

Nick /////

Reply to
Nick Bailey /////