Went and second looked a rabbit today.

I had to get a dealer part today. So I took a look at a Rabbit again. Available was a 2008 Rabbit S 4 door hatch. Stick, red , standard equipment, Same as a Golf S would of been. It is $18,150. The dealer had to trade the one I looked at to get it . Because VW wont send enough cars. ( normal business practice) The one I looked at. Had sunroof, bigger wheels, an all weather package, alarm, $21, 300. I previously drove one . So I didn't drive it but ripped it apart good. The sales rep kept saying I didn't know that did that. Everytime I opened up something. He didn't know anything. Its a damn nice car. With the wrong engine. The nicest thing was telescoping steering wheel. And the hatch between the rear seat. It put my left hand on the wheel and my right comfortably on the handbrake. I have long legs and sit way back in my Golf. I didn't have to sit up and forward like an old man. Also the rear seat folds down but sticks up because the bottom doesn't tip forward against the front seats. But otherwise a very nice car. I almost thought about trading my Toyota. But it has changed my life. VW does have some goodies planed for around 2010-2013. A new little car for instance . And they should be back in the diesel business.

Reply to
none2u

You'll be back!!!!! lol

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

Just curious...what do you guys not like about the engine? (I can probably guess...but wanna see what your criticism(s) are...)

Reply to
Matt B.

i've got a 2007 rabbit and the 2.5 5 banger is great wilmington nc to cleveland oh @ 80mph over flat top mount. 3250ft asl averaged 32 mpg w/me my wife my 6 year old boy and a golden retrever. that car kicks ass. you don't know what your talking about wrong motor (lol)

Reply to
mpberti