What are the chances?

What are the chances that you're at the dealership for a once-in-a-lifetime service, look at the only service invoice sitting on the desk and actually recognize the name as someone who posts in rec.autos...

I think it just happened to me. Peter, did you have your car in for service today at Crosby? If so, I think it's ready. If it's a different Peter, ignore this :)

Darryl.

Reply to
Darryl

YIKES!!!!

Yes, thats my car....2003 New Beetle GLS...

What a small world!

- Peter

Reply to
Peter Cressman

Reply to
Tom Resi

I'd say about 50-50 considering that most of the people that post in this newsgroup are dealing with problems and looking for technical advice regarding their crappy VW automobiles. Don't worry, that "once-in-a-lifetime" service visit that you made will soon degenerate into a constant stream of problems unless you unload that car now on some other poor sap. If I were you, I'd get to know the service managers at you local dealership real well, send them Christmas gifts, birthday cards, happy anniversay notices. Any goodwill that you can send them your way may translate into real savings when : a. Your window regulators quit working, b. Your ignition system quits working, c. Your "service engine now" light turns on and off intermittently, d. Your sunroof gets stuck fully open in a thunderstorm, e. Your alternator stops charging

Reply to
Bob F.

Wow, it is a small world. I used to deal with Crosby too. I think I've bought/leased 5 of the 8 VWs I've had from them.

About 5 years ago a member of the family got involved in the service department, and shortly after the service manager, shop foreman, and most of the mechanics left. So did I. I gather she is gone now, but too late for me.

Reply to
Al Rudderham

are you talking about the Crosby family?

Reply to
Peter Cressman

welcome to my kill file bob

Reply to
will

Lol...I've been to the dealer for service maybe 4 times in 5 years with my trusty '89. So again, what are the chances that in these 4 trips, I'd happen to see one of...nm. Try harder Bob.

Reply to
Darryl

Really, I have been back to the dealer only to get maintenance parts and to check it for damage after an accident, and once to get a window lubed in the last two years. Nothing other than a window lube and scheduled maintenance, which I did.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Fuck off, willy. No one cares whom you do or don't read.

Reply to
William Cook

I like power tools :-/

Reply to