What CIS head for my ABA swap?

I have my first Scirocco, an unmolested but slightly raggy 85 8v. Long time VW driver, but this is becoming my favorite fast.

Anyway, it's slow, it's a 90hp motor, eh. And it has a ton of oil leaks, and I have a feeling what might well be a burnt valve or worn cam lobe.

So, being I am a salesman for a salvageyard, I figure I'll take one of the 100K mile 6 month warranty 2.0L ABA's and stick it in there instead of mucking with the old 1.8.

I've read a bunch of stuff and am good for the moment in my plans, but mostly need to know right now: What head to use? I am told the digi inserts can be pulled and CIS inserts put in(I want to use CIS, for now), but if I'm going to get a head and have it rebuilt I want good one. Suggestions?

Thanks..

Reply to
rexdjohnston