Latest threads in Volkswagen, everything elseshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: History watercooled V.W.
You can try google.. Thats a good resource for the older threads.

A2 Turbo Diesel Opinions
Hey Everyone, I am looking at an '89 Jetta Turbo Diesel (1.6L, 68 H.P.) and I was wondering what people's opinions are of this vehicle. Is the 1.6L capable of highway speeds? I mean, is this car...
13
13

Re: 1993 Fox exhaust question about separating the cat pipe from the middle exhaust pipe
too cool glad things worked out for you! later, dave Reminder........ Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from...
1
1

WTB Corrado Steering wheel
HI! I need a birthday gift for one of the local kids that has a 90 Golf GTI and he fell in love with the Corrado Steering wheel... anyone have one they will sell cheap?? Thanks!!
1
1

86 Jetta GL with Headliner problem
The headliner (i think thats what you call it) is coming off from the back window to the first rivets in the roof. What do you do to fix this i have tried to staple it back up but the wind has now...
1
1

Re: 1993 VW Fox front rear wheel bearings replacement question -- repair manual for this car is out of print.
I went to Autozone and read a manual for the Jetta, since they don't have any Fox manuals. Got rear bearings removed and spindle/hub cleaned up. The only thing I'm not sure about now is how much...
2
2

91 GTI-16V idle problem
Help! The car constantly revs between 1000 & 1500 RPM when stopped (as in a red light). Stopped next to a cop last night and almost got pulled over, he probably thought I wanted to race. I cleaned out...
1
1

Distributor cap performance difference?
Last year I had to change my distributor cap because it got cracked and then rain got into it. Since the car would barely really run, I went and got one at Wal-Mart. One thing I noticed was that the...

2002 Jetta warranty transfer
I'm in the process of purchasing a 2002 Jetta (in the US) and wonder whether the 4yr/50K mile bumper to bumper warranty is transferable to the second owner. If it is, does either the seller or the...
1
1

88 scirocco: alignment and replacing frnt wheel bearing
How well does marking the camber bolts when removing the steering knuckle to replace the bearing/hub work in preserving the alignment? I want to be able to replace my front wheel bearing w/o having to...

Re: Hall sender intermittent problems?
I had the same problem in my '93 Passat GLX. It would happen once the engine got warm (obviously on hot days, it was pretty quick). My tach would drop to 0 but the engine wouldn't stall. It just would...

'89 Jetta Dead on Road
My car quit on me and I think it's a fuel delivery problem. I was traveling at about 55 mph and it just died. I ran out of gas once and the shutdown was similar. I couldn't get it re-started. It...
7
7

Re: WTB Diesel A1/A2 Starter
Patrick, I've tried replying a couple times to your email and it bounces even after removing the obvious anti-spam stuff, so I hope you see this. I have a starter from my just retired '86 diesel (not...

Re: 1993 VW Fox axle nut question...local repair shop has every VW manual except one for VW Fox
Thanks Andy, you were correct. I bought a 30mm socket, but it was too short. Then found they have a special socket for drive axle nuts at auto parts store, that is much deeper, so I got that. '93 is...

1993 VW Fox front strut mount replacement question -- repair manual for this car is out of print.
Hi, does anyone have any advice for replacing the front strut mounts? I'm going to tackle this job tomorrow. Thanks, Tom
4
4