Latest threads in Volkswagen, everything elseshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

87 Golf runs rough on cold start
Hi All, I've just picked up an 87 Golf. The car is really sweet with low miles and zero rust. The only problem is that it misses on acceleration and idles at about 2 - 300 RPM until it warms up...
3
3

86 golf - 1.6 motor
Can anyone tell me if it is a straight swap from a Golf 2 1.3 (carby) to a 1.6 + 5 speed gearbox and still be able to use the drive axels from the 1.3? Thanks, Steve

does ford own porsche?
a rather smart "car guy" at work is trying to tell me FORD owns 51% of porsche. Is this true? Does porsche own VW/AUDI ? If so does that mean FORD owns VW/AUDI? ??? he also says that FORD owns ferrari...
12
12

Grinding noises in Cabriolet
The other day while 2 miles from my house my shift linkage rod popped off while in 4th gear. I managed to get the car home but did rev the car up a bit. I replaced the shift linkage rod and all shifts...

Recommend bodywork/paintshop in Toronto area?
Hi I have an Mk1 82 Jetta and I was thinking of getting it nice and spritely again. Before i take the plunge off the cliff and venture into the market of bodywork and paint, can anyone recommend a...

HELP! What have I done?
The last time I had my 94 jetta in the garage I was told my tranny fluid was low. Tonight I think I made a very expensive mistake. I read a post somewhere on the net saying to fill the tranny up to...
5
5

1.8L 16V coolant sensor?
First off, this NG has the absolute best group of people in the entire system. I recently asked a question of the Mazdah group and I'm sure the car will rust away before the question gets answered. I...
3
3

FS: 14" rims with Blizzack snow tires
I know, why are we talking snow tires now.......! 14" Passat rims (4 bolt) with star wheel covers, Blizzack MS-02s (I think that is the model number), used only one season on my old '91 Cabrio, maybe...

WANTED: A4 Jetta Center Armrest
Any color, will pay good cash. Only need pivoting mech inside. ANYONE have any leads, good dismantling yards that I can call, in any part of the US. Thanks...
1
1

97 Passat Questions HELP?!
1.) Local tire shop aligned my 97 VR6 Wagon to 4cl Passat specs....should it matter? 2.) mechanic said never seen anything like it, small white $4 plastic clip that links pedal to clutch linkage broke...
1
1

Re: 300,000km?
sweet, wrong year though... >
1
1

Passat 97 bearings and climate control pump
Hi all Just had my drivers side bearings done and it cost £250, £30 part rest was labour. This is v. expensive and now the off side front bearing is starting to go I was thinking of changing it...

1991 Jetta Engine Code
I have a 1991 Jetta and I am wondering what the engine code is or how I can find out. Here are the details: - bought in Canada - 8 valve gas engine - made in Wolfsberg (VIN starts with WVW . . .) The...
8
8

Complete Newbie Question...
Hi Guys~ I hope someone might be able to clear something up for me? I was wondering what a "Throttle Body" is, how it works, and how much one would cost for a VW Polo MK3? Thanks in advance,...

Smallest ]wheel size that will fit a Jetta IV
I'm about to ditch my Jetta II for a new VR6 Jetta IV. I have some 14" snow tires that I would like to use on my new car. Will a 14" rim fit over the caliper and rotor? I have my doubts.... Thanks....
3
3