Latest threads in Volkswagen, everything elseshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Iphone and 2010 Tiguan
Anyone got these talking using bluetooth? My son can get an old nokia to work but his tiguan will not recognise his iphone. Any suggestions? Lawrence
3
3

2000 Passat (2.0 V6) Has Sludge
Symptoms: 1. Smelly exhaust. 2. CEL on. 3. "STOP ENGINE NOW" warning every once in a while. 4. Rough idle. I looked in the hole where the oil filler cap goes. There's a dark brown gel all over...
6
6

Where to find a VW tshirt I saw?
Check out this video, especially at the 1:01 mark; ever seen those tshirts with the vw grill and headlights on them? I'd like to buy one for my wife...
3
3

Diesel Misfueling
I saw an ad for the Fuel Sure device. It replaces your fuel cap and will not let you put gas in a diesel. I contacted them and they cannot ship to the USA. Does anybody know of a similar device sold...
3
3

The Passat is passé ...
In the US anyway. We get some non-descript, yet-to-be-named, "New Midsize Sedan." And, it looks like I was among the last to know. Since it appears to be solely for the US/Canadian market, there...

98 Jetta GLX - Kombi Valve Replacement
Thanks again LM. Anyone else ever change a kombi valve? On 1/3/2011 2:45 PM, LM wrote:
4
4

The "Old" Golf
Indeed. It could just be a fine track through the fire ring of the gasket. That's what it was when I blew the gasket on my GTI a long time ago, after shifting from third into second instead of fourth;...
8
8

The Old Golf
We've had our '90 Golf (GL 4Dr Wolfsburg 1.8 manual) for 11 years and 100,000 miles (It has 162,000). It runs great for its age (20!). I've taken care of it and used good gas. It's still fun to drive...
1
1

A note from the "Oil Sludge Settlement Administrator"
Received a packet of information from the "Oil Sludge Settlement Administrator" including a notice of a proposed settlement of a class action lawsuit regarding the sludge problem affecting the 1.8T...

96 golf radiator replacement
The radiator on my son's 96 golf with AT and AC is leaking. I've replaced radiators on older cars with less crowded engine compartments and not AT or AC. What is the level of difficulty in making this...
3
3

Merry Christmas
Merry Christmas to all VeeDub lovers out there. Bigger wishes to all who are frustrated with theirs.

2000 TDI with High Miles
I see a 2000 Jetta TDI GL for sale, 345K on it. Timing belt and Turbo done 25K ago apparently. for $1800. Recent clutch. Can one of these do another 100k without major repair? Les
4
4

passat bluetooth
I have a 2009 Passat it has the phone button on steering wheel and the radio appears to have BT setup on off etc what do I need to get Bluetooth for my phone etc. is there a box I need to have fitted...
3
3

Snow tires.
Hi, I have a pair of Brand new Blizzak Winterforce studded snow tires on brand new Steel VW 4 bolt 13" wheels. They were on my 86 Golf for less the 200 miles. Still have the paint between the treads....
1
1

Reducing NOx in DigifantII for etest
I=92m posting this message in the hope of helping anyone who has problems in getting a DigifantII engine through etest due to high NOx levels. I have a =9192 Golf 1.8l gas with DigifantII engine...