2000 Sierra Tires

Hello,
It is almost time to get rid of the Firestones that came with my 2000 Sierra Z71 5.3 L !!!!
One quick question: Will 33" tires fit on the truck without causing too many
problems? (ie 33 x 10.5)
Has anyone done this and what brands were available in this size?
Thanks,
Clint
Sorta on topic, how many miles were you able to get out of the Firestones?
I have a 99 Chevy Z-71 with Good Year RT/S's. I have 56,000 miles on them and there is still1/8" left above the wear bars.

Sierra
many
I have 90,000 km on them so ~55,000 miles, I could make 100,000 km (60K Miles) i think, but I want better tires before the winter because these are getting down and are so so in the rain/ snow (not that they were ever very good!)
Clint
I think you'll find that the biggest tire you can put on (w/o a lift) is a 285/75-r16.... they're about 32.5" tall
-Bret

Sierra
many
Same truck, 285 75-16's and I had to crank the front t-bars up about 5 turns each. NP's. I bought Coopers and luv em' :-)
Go here and check diameters...looks like they'll fit. I even have the Husky mud flaps too. http://www.coopertire.com/us/en/ProductDetails.asp?ProdType=LtTruck&id !
Don

Sierra
many