94 chevy 4x4 loses power

my chevy loses power when towing our boat. 1 and 2 gear have plenty of power but 3 nad over drive it revs high but not alot of speed. what is going on? I was told it could be a plugged cataltic converter?

Reply to
steelersfan

Mike Yonis

thanks for the info. I am running 35inch tires.

Reply to
steelersfan

thank you for that idea, I will change them asap.

Reply to
steelersfan

35 with stock gears, it has to suck at speed. I would say at leat a 4.56 here. Do not let the numbers scare you as with those tires and OD it will be very tame cruising.
Reply to
SnoMan

<djmcreynolds1
Reply to