daewoo nexia gli car loses power when driving

Hi, can anyone suggest any ideas on my car problems.

I have a daewoo nexia gli 1995 that cuts out when driving but restarts straight away when i turn the key again. The power steering goes as well.

It also has a variety of electrical problems.

1) the abs light is on. Which i was told was a faulty sensor.

2) the air bay light is on

3) when i turn on the rear demister the fuse blows and the central locking and electric windows stop working.

other problems include excessive oil consumption

the car does not accelerate

the car jadders forwards and backwards some times.

Thanks for your time.

Reply to
uphorit

Generally on cars of this generation, power steering is operated by a hydraulic pump on the engine. If the engine isn't turning the pump isn't pumping. If the power steering stops working while the engine is still turning, check for a slipping belt.

Quite possible, there's a sensor on each wheel. There is a way of testing them, google is your friend.

Possibly a bad/loose connection somewhere, try looking at the wires under the front seats.

I'm not an electrician, but it sounds like another bad connection somewhere.

These suggest to me that the engine is also gubbed.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Yes, scrap it. It's FUBAR.

Reply to