99 Blazer Security System

Hi,
I have a 99 Blazer that has an alarm problem.
Often times, once the doors lock and the security system engages, the alarm often times go off for no reason. It seems to do it more when
it's cold out.
Is there a way to have it dismantled? I've already pulled the fuse for the horn so at least just the lights flash and the horn doesn't blare at all hours of the night. I'd like to just get rid of it if fixing it isn't cost effective. No alarm beats having to leave it unlocked to prevent the problem.
Anybody have any idea why this happens and how it can be fixed??
I'm thinking about putting a remote starter in it, but don't want this to further screw up the problem. Am I worrying, would putting a remote starter in be ok?
I appreciate any and all input.
Happy Holidays!
Frank