Black junk in exhaust pipe questions.

I have an 8.1 L chev 2001 exaust pipe coated, on the inside, with carbon or something that is black. Its not caused by oil burning cause its not using
any oil. I'm guessing its caused by to rich or to lean of a fuel mixture. If this is true how can I chane the fuel mix settings?
Thanks larry

Larry,
All exhaust pipes have soot inside them. You can;'t adjust the mixture as it's controlled by the very elaborate MPFI system. If it were running rich or lean, you'd have the SES light on.
Doc

... Re: Black junk in exhaust pipe questions.
I have an 8.1 L chev 2001 exaust pipe coated, on the inside, with carbon or something that is black. Its not caused by oil burning cause its not using any oil.
I'm guessing its caused by to rich or to lean of a fuel mixture.
If this is true how can I chane the fuel mix settings?
Thanks larry ............................. (the Doctor writes.......)
Larry, All exhaust pipes have soot inside them. You can;'t adjust the mixture as it's controlled by the very elaborate MPFI system. If it were running rich or lean, you'd have the SES light on.
ditto.........
and get you a good tune-up if you haven't done it in a while.
Scrib Abell ~makeing the best of a good situation~