Clutch problem

Comrades -- I have a great little 1988 Chevy S10. Recently I have noticed the point at which the clutch engages fully has migrated closer and closer to the floor board. It is now to the point where the pedal is fully
depressed and the clutch does not fully engage.
2 Questions:
1) Why did this happen? Is there something about the way I use the clutch causing this to occur?
2) The clutch is still good (I set the emergency brake, put the truck in second and released the clutch -- the motor died) -- how do I adjust it back to a normal setting?
Any help you can provide would be most appreciated.
Peace...
Layne
The pedal doing that is just in because the clutch is wearing. I expect that there is some means of adjusting it at the clutch fork. I don't recall exactly how on this year but I can look in a service manual tomorrow at work and get back to you. Cam

Ok, I checked- is hydraulic. No adjustment. Run until start to slip then replace. Cam

The clutch plate would not engage until fully released if worn. If you have to push it all the way to the floor, either the master cylinder of the slave cylinder are not fully traveling. Have you checked the fluid. I just had a slave cylinder blow out. It was doing the same thing. Noticed the fluid level dropped a couple times, until the slave cylinder let loose. Needed to double clutch home.
-- 98 Camaro