HomeLink remote

With all the messages about the HomeLink remote buttons for our trucks. Mine didn't come with them and I'd like to put them in. Does anyone know what's involved with this?
Is it just getting the buttons and the interior trim that there mounted to from a junk yard or at the dealer and giving them power? Or is there some computer stuff in the dash or under the hood that makes it all work?