Homelink programming ARG!

I just can't do it. I have tried numerous instructions to program my Homelink for my new garage door openers. It worked fine for the old ones, which were NOT rolling code type openers. The new ones are Genie brand rolling code. I follow the instructions that came with the owner's manual, it just doesn't work. I follow the instructions at:

-erase codes - OK

-hold HL button while holding remote button. The light never blinks fast.

-SO, I hold HL button while repeatedly pressing remote button ('Canadian' instructions). After pressing 50 times or so, the HL light blinks fast. Ah Ha! It has the frequency!

-I press and hold the HL button. It does not blink rapidly, nor does it stay on; it blinks slowly. The instructions don't list that as a possibility.

-Anyway, I press the learn button on the door opener, then press and hold the HL button on the car for a few seconds.

-NOTHING. It doesn't work.

What am I missing? Thanks!

-Mike

Reply to