thermostat on a 350

Anyone got any good ways to free up a seized bolt holding the thermostat in place on a 350? I have tried different types of cleaners to help loosen it but none work.

Michael McNeil wrote:

heat will break it loose. Heat generated this way is very intense & much more localized than using a torch & therefore much less damaging to nearby components.

every time I have used it. -- Best Regards Gordie
thanx to everyone that offered a suggestion.
Actually it got cold enough to frost last night and when I went out this morning I had no problems whatsoever turning it loose.
Got it changed.

If you havent broken the head off yet...PING it! Take a steal punch and a hammer and hive it a couple solid, but not harsh, hits. Not guarenteed to work but its a good place to start.

"Shades" <shades_1970(at)netins(dot)net> wrote in message

I had same problem,
I wound up drilling the slug out. Fortunately I got the drill perfectly centered on the slug and picked the correct drill size. After drilling, the threads of the slug just fell out of the inner threads and I didn't have to re-tap.
db