Anyone got any feed back on this

Hi does tis look too good to be true or does it work

Al

Reply to
alan

Well.....most "mechanic in a bottle" products are too good to be true. I've used this and similar products on several occasions, and they have worked most of the time, although how long it lasts is an unknown. It's a bit like putting a band aid onto a cut that needs stitches - things will improve but they are not "right". It won't do any harm to try it, but it's a right PITA to flush out afterwards if you decide to do a proper repair.

Reply to
EMB

I thought that the problem with later Rangerover engine was the liners shifting in the block, causing the coolant loss? I can't see this product making much difference to a moving liner.

Spend £40 by all means, but you'll probably still have to have the engine properly repaired at a later date anyway. Most of these "wonder cures" simply delay the inevitable.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Might as well use a couple of doses of 'Barrs Leaks' - just as likely to work and you'll have change from a fiver.

Reply to
Simon Atkinson

This stuff leaves Bars Leaks for dead for sealing blocks and weepy head gaskets, but it's still a temporary fix at best (but if the block's naffed and it keeps it going for another 12 months it's got to be worth a try).

Reply to
EMB

I'm the old fashioned type that mends it properly - if it's buggered and you're not going to scrap it, you might as well do it right first time - especially if it's a vehicle you depend on.

The saving soon evaporates if you start missing work!

Reply to
Simon Atkinson

I'm a mechanic for a living and proper repairs are my bread and butter, but if someone *can't* afford a proper repair then the options become very limited. Block seal is the sort of thing I'd do whilst waiting to find a used motor at the right price - not every punter out there is made of money and sometimes compromises have to be made.

Reply to
EMB

Agreed - it's a 'get you home' and maybe to work and back for a while fix - too many people expect it to work forever though - or bung it in and flog the motor and forget to tell the buyer that the engine is held together with radweld!

Reply to
Simon Atkinson

I used a similar US-made product called CarGo Metallic Seal-Up in my 4.6. Worked very well. But the price in Australia is only A$9.50 - about 3 quid - for the small bottle 40 quid is a rip-off.

See

I did over 5,000km with the stuff before pulling my motor out. Stopped the very significant water consumption completely.

Ron

Reply to
The Becketts