re: RSX

Hi,
I'm new to this post. I bought an RSX and would love to know more about it from other owners opposed to advertisements and car dealer testimonials. I
was a VW's my whole life and switche to driving honda.
Am I missing much or regretting in spending the extra cash for the S model? Where i drove VW's, should have i gotten the VR6? I ended up buying the premium edition RSX after. How does that compare to the other competitors out there. Is 160 much and can it be upgraded with more power? It's not like i'm going to go race it but I'd like to know what people are doing. I'm content with the power now. it's a big change from a wolfsburg. I bought it because it looked nice. should I appreciate its power or did i lose out instead of purchasing the type S Model? so sorry for the many questions. I'm so curious.
I have one. In fact, a premium as well. These are nice car; quick as well, but does not cost a fortune in gas or insurance. My friends has a type S and while there is a difference, it is only truly felt above 4500 rpm, which I do not go far beyond that anyway.
For its weight, 160 hp is plenty. It is a great car: great look and handling. You can increase its power with a turbo or a supercharger (if they come out!).
If you want to learn more and discuss it, check out clubrsx.com
Cheers

I have a base rsx. I test drove a type-s. One part of me really wanted the type-s, but the sane and sober part won, and I haven't regretted it. Much, anyway. The type-s has marginally better acceleration, but only in conditions you'll rarely get to use. The front end suspension feels a lot better in the type-s, which I miss, but I can live without it. The engine noise in the type-s is quite a bit louder, so if you're an avid car stereo listener like me, you learn to appreciate the quieter car. The stereos that come in either car is junk, but the base model is easier to upgrade from what I've read on clubrsx.com.
And the big difference - in light of current events, the base model rules - uses regular gas, and less of it!
Check out the engine mods you can do at clubrsx.com - you can equal or surpass the type-s without too much difficulty.

the type s is a lot faster, and has a lot more after market mods to make it even more faster.
www.clubrsx.com

I have the Type S and if I lost it today I would buy the same tomorrow.

Did you test-drive both types before buying? Or just go for the top model?
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik