98 A4Q 2.8 windshield washer fluid tank leak

Hello,
I noticed a serious leak either from the pump itself or from the place where the pump connects to the tank, which prevents me from having more than a couple of cups of washer fluid at my disposal.
The pump works.
I am going to get under the car and see what needs to be tightened or replaced. My guess is that I will need to take off the lower part of the front bumper and possibly the engine protection plastic shield in order to gain access to the pump.
Any advice? Even "don't do it" would suffice if supplied with why. Have anybody ever faced a similar problem? How did you solve it?
Thank you.
Victor
--
Please remove capital A's from my address when replying by mail

More often that not, the pump itself leaks. Usually the headlamp washer pump, so you still have squirts, but the light goes on. Pump runs about $30 in the US.
On Tue, 04 Nov 2003 01:41:34 GMT, "Victor Bazarov"