Audi 90 Steering rack - help

I have an 1990 90 that needs a rebuilt steering rack. I've RR'd a rack on a type 44. That wasn't too difficult. In assessing the 90, how is it possible
to get to the drivers side bolt holding the rack to the firewall? It's behind the rack's bracket. Are there any special tools needed for this job? Anyone here done one of these that would be willing to share some advise? Looks almost impossible without removing everything in the rear half of the engine bay.
TIA! Steve