Brake warning on A4

Had a weird one today. As I was switching off my engine I got a red warning from the DIS saying that my braking system was faulty and for me to check it
immediately. I checked the brake fluid level as per the manual and restarted the engine. I drove straight to the dealers who checked the system and found nothing wrong. The error has not reoccurred as of yet.
Just out of interest has anyone else experienced anything like this ?
Audi A4 2.8 Quattro 2000 (W)
Thanks
Richard
I had a momentary (1-2 sec) BRAKE and pad wear indicator light -- called to my attention by the warning tone -- come on while driving at highway speeds on my '01 A4 1.8T, which did not re-occur. While the car was in for other maintenance, I had them check the brake system. Initially they found nothing, but on a second check they found the harness to the brake wear indicator on one of the pads was cracked. They replaced both front pads under warantee.
On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 23:42:37 -0000, "Richard Goulding"