Just dropped by the dealer to get some photos of a new A4 Avant. A
salesperson convinced me to take a test drive (3.2 V6 & tip)
A few things I noticed:
1. Throttle response is a lot better than it is in my 94 Volvo turbo
wagon (no lag).
2. It seems to be quicker, or very close at least.
3. The tip in manual mode seems to shift a bit faster than it did in
the 2001's, but it's still sluggish.
A few new questions:
1. The sales person kept stressing that it has "SERVOTRONIC" steering
instead of the lowly rack & pinion steering that "other" cars have..
Now, I'm sure it still has R&P mechanicals, with variable assist..
Does anyone know if the assist is via the usual hydraulics, or are
they now using an electric motor, (As GM has for years now).?
2. Can the dual climate control be reprogrammed as single control?
As a single driver, I really want to avoid adjusting two controls
every time I want to change the cabin temp.
3. Can the A/C be turned off, while maintaining automatic temp control
via fresh air? (I only want to compressor to run when I want it to.)
4. Are all fault codes still available to owners? (I don't just mean
the emissions-releated codes, I want to know the reason for ANY
5. Is the tire pressure monitoring system a direct measurement system,
that displays the actual pressure in each tire, or an indirect system,
that looks for wheel speed differences via the ABS sensors?
6. Does the Bose stereo system play music file CD's? If so, what
To reply, please remove one letter from each side of "@"
Spammers are VERMIN. Please kill them all.