Multitronic box question

May be a stupid question but the manual doesn't say one way or another. Can you shift from Drive (D) to Sport (S) whilst moving on the multitronic box?
Thanks
Add pictures here
✖
There is no Sport mode on multitronic. You can shift from multitronic to tiptronic mode at any time and vice versa, but you'll never want to use tiptronic once you get used to multitronic.
David. (2.5 TDi A4 Avant multitronic. 22,000 miles
--
<< To email me please swap over Denton and Lodge in my address >>

"Ade" < snipped-for-privacy@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
✖
On 10/2/03 2:26 PM, in article 3f7c6e4a$0$252$ snipped-for-privacy@news.dial.pipex.com,

I believe the new multitronics ( > 2003) have a "Sport" mode.
Regards, Jim Schwartz ------------------------------ ģI move to keep things whole.ē -- Mark Strand
Add pictures here
✖
I agree with that, the Multitronic has spoilt it for me. My 1.8T pulls like a train and the box is smoother than my dads new Jag XJ8
Liam

Add pictures here
✖

Well my 2003 A4 multitronic has a sport mode. It's the last position on the selector after drive. So, anybody know whether you can move from D to S whilst in motion?
Thanks
Add pictures here
✖
Why don't you try? It won't cause any damage because the electronics won't allow you to...

the
Add pictures here
✖

use
I guess that's my concern - will it cause any damage?
Add pictures here
✖
Basic Rule of thumb would be to try and shift it without depressing the button
They would have built in that a gate to stop you from selecting the wrong gear like from D to N
Liam

multitronic
on
✖