Multitronic box question

May be a stupid question but the manual doesn't say one way or another. Can you shift from Drive (D) to Sport (S) whilst moving on the multitronic box? Thanks

Reply to
Ade

There is no Sport mode on multitronic. You can shift from multitronic to tiptronic mode at any time and vice versa, but you'll never want to use tiptronic once you get used to multitronic.

David. (2.5 TDi A4 Avant multitronic. 22,000 miles

Reply to
David

I believe the new multitronics ( > 2003) have a "Sport" mode.

Regards, Jim Schwartz

------------------------------ ³I move to keep things whole.² -- Mark Strand

Reply to
Jim Schwartz

I agree with that, the Multitronic has spoilt it for me. My 1.8T pulls like a train and the box is smoother than my dads new Jag XJ8

Liam

Reply to
Liam

Well my 2003 A4 multitronic has a sport mode. It's the last position on the selector after drive. So, anybody know whether you can move from D to S whilst in motion?

Thanks

Reply to
Ade

Why don't you try? It won't cause any damage because the electronics won't allow you to...

Reply to
matthijs

I guess that's my concern - will it cause any damage?

Reply to
Ade

Basic Rule of thumb would be to try and shift it without depressing the button

They would have built in that a gate to stop you from selecting the wrong gear like from D to N

Reply to
Liam