Road Tar

Washing my '01 A6 yesterday I noticed that down one side it was plastered in Road Tar on the body work and alloys, anyone got a recommendation of something to get rid of it, which is available in the UK.
Liam
Autoglym road tar remover works well. Wax the panels after use though.

in
And this will do the Alloys as well ?
Liam

plastered
Yes it's good for any surface. I've also used it for getting the sticky residue left by stickers etc off. It's about 4 a bottle.
Cheers

I use white spirit, then wash then paintwork with warm water & carplan wash & wax,
Steve.
On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 11:21:17 +0000 (UTC), "Liam"

Any of the orange based cleaners will do the trick. I had a splash of tar on my Jetta and it came off in a few swipes of a dampened cloth. The orange based cleaners destroys oil based muck. Nothing else like it.
On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 19:26:17 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@tater.cu (Richard Potato) wrote:

gasoline (petrol) also will work. Just wash it off well afterwards with warm soapy water, and rewax.