97 e36 remote entry intermittent

Recently, the remote entry on my 97 328i has been acting up. Sometimes, I have to click the 'open' button 10 or 15 times before the doors unlock. Sometimes (most of the time) it works the first time. Same
thing for locking.
I changed the battery in the remote but that hasn't made a difference. Is there anything else I can do?
Thanks, ScottR -- Scott Robins

look around your very local area..........have any new mobile antenna masts been erected recently.
these are known to cause interference with remote locking....
I speak from 2 experiences (Audi and Suzuki)
The Same for me too, Try using the remote in the area arond the windscreen wipers, if ok here more than likely RF interference.