E39 530 Instrument Cluster Exchange

I have been seeing a lot of M5 instrument clusters on Ebay. The M5 cluster seems to have an oil pressure gauge in the place of the MPG on the normal
cluster. Can you replace an E39 530 instrument cluster with a cluster from an M5 with rewiring?
Thanks in advance
From what I have read it is a difficult change and the oil pressure gauge doesn't work.

It's an oil temp gauge, the better to avoid exploring the engine's rev range until it reaches operating temperatures (the tach also has lights which move the redline upward as the oil warms up). You can retrofit the cluster, but I don't think it'll be easy to make the oil temp or variable redline functional.
The E39 cluster must be programmed to the car's ECU and evidently those advanced functions aren't easily enabled. But the gray gauges and trim rings sure look nice!
R / John