How much off list for 325i?

I've negotiated with three different dealers in our area and the best I can do is $500 off list and some free mats.
Any of you guys been able to get a good deal on the 06?
Thanks.

can
A local salesperson said not to expect any factory-finance deals until about 3 years in. I don't think they're worried about selling the cars. The only reason to offer discounts then is to get the sale away from the nearby dealership. Push that angle, take that quote to another dealer and push for a better deal, that's your best bet. Walk in and say "look I've got $500 off from here, make it $1000 and I'll sign the papers right now". All you've got to lose is a bit of time. Plus, you can close a deal with a dealer far away, it won't matter where you bought it when you get it serviced at the local dealer.
-Russ.

While I was an undergraduate I worked in the summer in a main agent (not a Bmw one) and whilst we did repair cars with a national warranty we did not do it as helpfully or as rapidly as we did for one of our own customers! So, getting "preferred customer status" in your local main agent might be worth a bit more than the $500.
Roger

$500
So,
worth
How are they not "one of your customers" if they live in your area and own a BMW? If somebody moves after purchase, are they forever relegated to inferior service? If the car is resold privately is it forever relegated to inferior service? Seems like a very shortsighted way to run a service department. Tick off the guy that bought elsewhere, and what are you going to do? Convince him to go elsewhere with his next purchase, that's what. And to try to take his service revenue elsewhere also where he gets treated better.
That said, the best way to negotiate the way I described is to start very far away and bring your final best offer to the local dealership for a last kick at the can, but since he already started locally I assume, he may not have that option. Or, he still might come back with the better offer in hand and try his luck.
-Russ.

I was not defending it, merely observing the way it worked many years ago in a galaxy far, far away!!!!
Roger

best
until
The
nearby
All
(not
customers!
own
relegated
service
what.
in
I'd be surprised if there were many shops still operating that way in today's highly competetive market.
-Russ.
Try Costco if you're a member.
Since the 06's are new, the deal might not be so great, however there's a possibility that they can get you a better price.
We paid $300 over invoice for our '03 325iA in mid 2003. A 330i was $3,000 over. Quite a range.
Good luck.