How to check if Wheel Bearings are shot E39

I have a road speed related whine that starts up 10 mins into driving - I'm hoping its a wheel bearing - is there any way of verifying this ? Jacking up
the car and rocking the wheels back & forth for example ?
--
Holdgaj

"holdgaj" <holdgaj AT gmail DOT com> wrote in message

yes as you said, placing the hands at 12 and 6 o'clock then push/pull.
any movement will be from the bearing.
"holdgaj" <holdgaj AT gmail DOT com> wrote in message

I would have thought that if this was a wheel bearing it would be because it is 'dry' and takes 10 mins to warm up, expand and start squeaking. During a run you could try checking for excessive heat at the hub. Maybe stop on the handbrake to prevent the disks from adding heat. Check both sides and compare.