How to check if Wheel Bearings are shot E39

I have a road speed related whine that starts up 10 mins into driving - I'm hoping its a wheel bearing - is there any way of verifying this ? Jacking up the car and rocking the wheels back & forth for example ?

Reply to
holdgaj

yes as you said, placing the hands at 12 and 6 o'clock then push/pull.

any movement will be from the bearing.

Reply to
Lez Pawl

Reply to
RustY©

Sorry about the last post - finger trouble :)

I would have thought that if this was a wheel bearing it would be because it is 'dry' and takes 10 mins to warm up, expand and start squeaking. During a run you could try checking for excessive heat at the hub. Maybe stop on the handbrake to prevent the disks from adding heat. Check both sides and compare.

Reply to
RustY©