iPhone Integration

I'm going to be buying a 2009 328i and want to fully integrate my iPhone. I realize that for Bluetooth connectivity I need the "Premium" package and that to integrate iPod functions I need at least one of
the following.
iPod and USB adapter    $400 Smartphone Integration    $150 (requires the above) iPod Interface Adapter    $320
But, can anyone explain the differences between them and what is really needed? Different sales people have given me different answers.
TIA
you do not need the iPod interface adapter for $320.00. That accesory is used when the vehicle does not come equipped with the smatphone integration and iPod and USB adapter. Cables to connect your iPhone will come with car if you order smartphone integration package and iPod and USB adapter. Check out www.bmwusa.com if you haven'y already done so. Also I assume you are in the U.S. market.

On Sat, 27 Jun 2009 15:36:24 -0500, "jim foppiano"

He might need the interface adaptor if he wants to hook up his phone to the sharkfin antenna on the car, and have it plugged in so it keeps it charged. I had to do the same for my razr phone. You dont need it, true, but it's mighty handy if you dont want your phone to rattle around in the armrest all the time. I might be mistaken for the iPhone (dont have one) but I ended up doing it for my car. The wife chose not to on hers since she wants her phone in her purse all the time.
2007 328xit 2008 328xi
Here is the exact quote from the BMW website for the smart phone integration option, For iPhoneT and similar devices, allows access to stored music, can improve signal reception, and recharges the battery. And here is the exact quote for the iPod and USB adapter option which you have to get when you order smartphone integration, "The iPod adaptor offers the ability to simply and easily integrate selected iPod models and other selected MP3 players into the vehicle's audio system. Once connected, the MP3 unit is fully controllable through the audio interface. You can then enjoy your personalized music selections delivered with the full audio capabilities and refinement of the BMW sound system" Hope this helps. Jim

Thanks for the help guys!
P.s. Yes, I am in the US.