parking sensor

on my 1999 528i touring when i reverse i now get a constant beep sound from the parking sensor which cuts off after approx 10 secs can anyone tell me how to identify the faulty sensor or is it a case of swap
and see
hammy1967 wrote:

The only real way to determine the faulty sensor is to hook it to a dealer's computer, or find an independent who has an AutoLogic(UK) diagnostics box.
Given the cost of the sensors - going to the dealer might be worthwhile in this case...