should i be able to hear a noise from the aircon on BMW 5 series?

I have just picked up a new 5 series BMW... i have just noticed that i can hear the aircon or CD player motor... or somthing making a whirrring noise
behind the dash, as soon ias i get in the car... no keys in ignition rtc.... is this normal?
Thanks in advance Russell

Air inlet door opening, probably? Key memory affects temp-a/c settings.
Floyd
circulation vents opening and closing... normal
wrote

I have that as well. I'd say normal.
On Sun, 29 May 2005 17:05:09 GMT, "Russell Brook"

You'll hear when you switch off too. It's the fresh air vents operating - they close when the car's not in use, as it were.
--
*Sleep with a photographer and watch things develop

Thanks for the feedback... i can hear the vents move on occasions... on closer inspection, this is a very quiete whiring coming from the CD navigation player /system in the dash...
I am just a little concerned that it may run the battery down if i don't use the car for a few days, (airport carpark erc...)
Regards Russelll

Ah, I have a newish 320D Sport and it has the satnav unit in the boot, and yes, I too can hear than whiring, so I'm glad it is in the boot ;-) along with the CD changer.
As for the aircon, mine is quiet at the low settings, but I can hear the motor at the medium settings. Have to say I'm very surprised at how quiet the car is, especially when it is going above 30mph.

--
snipped-for-privacy@redoak.co.ukNOSPAM (delete NOSPAM)
www.redoak.co.uk www.eze-buy.co.uk